Land Rover have collaborated with James Martin to create the perfect picnics ahead of the Burghley horse trials on 1st – 4th September where Land Rover are title sponsors for the 12th consecutive year. The collaboration with the celebrity chef James Martin is to encourage spectators to Burghley to go the extra mile with their picnics. Picnics have become just as much a part of the event as the world class eventing.
The annual Land Rover tailgate picnic, competition has become particularly popular and with the help of prestigious judges including Zara Tindall, and Kirstie Allsopp. James has worked with Land Rover to create recipes to inspire the spectators and picnic goers with recipes that will improve and of course taste delicious. He has created mini videos that will demonstrate the recipes in short tutorial videos such as the recipe for the Burghley bloomer and teriyaki steak.
Read James Martins top 5 picnic tips here:
JAMES MARTIN’S TOP 5 TAILGATE PICNIC TIPS
1. When it comes to wrapping food, always use greaseproof paper or cling film. So often when the weather is good, if you use tinfoil it can actually end up cooking the food
2. Use different types of vinegars like cider vinegar or sherry vinegar to glam up limp salad. It really gives it a lift after a long journey
3. Pack a spicy pickle or a chilli jam in your picnic. It doesn’t matter if it gets a bit warm and the kick in the pickle or jam will really enhance the taste of a pie or a scotch egg
4. Look for things like hot smoked salmon which is already cooked and therefore doesn’t deteriorate when it has been in the back of a vehicle for a certain amount of time
5. Use soft cheeses, ones that don’t like being refrigerated but are actually better when they warm up, such as brie and camembert, or a particularly good one is Vacherin Mont D’Or
If you’re at Burlghey be sure to take part of the picnic making. if you don’t already have a Land Rover to take part take a look at our range of Land Rover cars. http://www.grange.co.uk/dealerships/land-rover-swindon